Home Care for Veterans in Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, San Benito and Monterey Counties
Are your loved ones wartime veterans, or their surviving spouses? If so, they may be eligible for the VA Aid & Attendance Pension benefit to pay for assistance with activities of daily living.
VA Aid & Attendance is a program administered by the Veterans Administration, but very few people know about it or understand how it works. This program allows for Veterans and surviving spouses who require the regular attendance of another person to assist in eating, bathing, dressing, undressing, or taking care of the needs of nature to receive additional monetary benefits.
Do You Have the “3-Ms”?
- Military:Are you a veteran or the surviving spouse of a veteran who served at least 90 days on active duty, at least one day during wartime*, with an honorable discharge?
- Medical:Do you have a non-service-connected medical condition causing you to need assistance with activities of daily living?
- Money:Do you have limited income and assets? (Your home and car are exempt.)
Did you serve during one of the *VA Defined War Periods?
- World War II: Dec 7, 1941-Dec. 31, 1946
- Korean Conflict: June 27, 1950-Jan. 31, 1955
- Vietnam Era: Aug. 5, 1964-May 7, 1975; for veterans who served Feb. 28, 1961-Aug 5, 1964, must have served “in country” (Viet Nam).
- Persian Gulf War: Aug 2, 1990- date to be prescribed by Presidential proclamation or law. Must have served active duty for 2 years.
If the applicant is qualified, “Aid and Attendance” can help pay for care in the home, provided by Help & Care, LLC.
AVAILABLE NOW through Help & Care, LLC
Help & Care, LLC has partnered with Veterans Home Care to offer this comprehensive service. Veterans Home Care will assist applicants to be approved for benefits and will provide gap funding for qualified clients while waiting for program approval.
- You get help with the application process.
- We begin providing care after the qualifying application goes to the VA.
- Veterans Home Care continues to assist with paperwork after the veteran has been approved.
You probably know someone who qualifies. Contact us today: (408) 384 4412, even if you feel that you cannot qualify, just to make sure. It is not difficult to apply if you have trained advocates to assist you!