Home care for veterans in Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, San Benito, and Monterey Counties.
Are your loved ones wartime veterans or their surviving spouses? If so, they may be eligible for the VA Aid & Attendance Pension benefit to pay for assistance with activities of daily living, senior home care, elderly care, and other home care services.
VA Aid & Attendance is a program administered by the Veterans Administration, but very few people know about it or understand how it works. This program allows veterans and surviving spouses to receive additional monetary benefits if they need assistance with eating, bathing, dressing, undressing, or taking care of themselves in other ways. This is where our non-medical home care comes into play, but first we’ll discuss eligibility to receive the benefits for elderly home care.
Do You Have the “3-Ms”?
- Military: Are you a veteran or the surviving spouse of a veteran who served at least 90 days on active duty, at least one day during wartime*, with an honorable discharge?
- Medical: Do you have a non-service-connected medical condition causing you to need assistance with activities of daily living?
- Money: Do you have limited income and assets? Your home and car are exempt.
Did you serve during one of the *VA Defined War Periods?
- World War II: Dec. 7, 1941 – Dec. 31, 1946
- Korean Conflict: June 27, 1950 – Jan. 31, 1955
- Vietnam Era: Aug. 5, 1964 – May 7, 1975; for veterans who served Feb. 28, 1961 – Aug. 5, 1964, must have served “in country” (Vietnam).
- Persian Gulf War: Aug. 2, 1990 – date to be prescribed by Presidential proclamation or law. Must have served active duty for two years.
If the applicant is qualified, “Aid and Attendance” can help pay for senior care in the home, provided by Help & Care, LLC.
AVAILABLE NOW through Help & Care, LLC
Help & Care, LLC has partnered with Veterans Home Care to offer this comprehensive service. Veterans Home Care will assist applicants to be approved for benefits and will provide gap funding for qualified clients while waiting for program approval.
- You get help with the application process.
- We begin providing in-home care after the qualifying application goes to the VA.
- Veterans Home Care continues to assist with paperwork after the veteran has been approved.
You probably know someone who qualifies. Contact us today at (408) 384-4412. Even if you feel that you cannot qualify, contact us to make sure! It is not difficult to apply if you have trained advocates to assist you.